Using and Creating Therapeutic Stories to Support Emotional Wellbeing
Led by Cathie Sprague — Dramatherapist
Wednesday 9th February 2022 1-3pm
Venue: Barnardo’s Bridgeway Project, Tees Valley Services, Allendale Rd, Ormesby, Middlesbrough TS7 9LF
Learn about the value of therapeutic stories and how they can support the emotional wellbeing of children and young people. Explore topics and feelings that can be challenging and learn how to use therapeutic stories as a bridge to reach children/young people through the power of metaphor.
Therapeutic stories provide a non-threatening way in which children and young people can identify and explore their experiences and feelings with a trusted adult. This workshop provides opportunities and the structure for participants to explore how to create their own therapeutic story for or with a child or young person.
This training is for you if you want to …
- Learn how to use therapeutic stories effectively with children and young people.
- Understand the basic structure of a therapeutic story.
- Explore a range of therapeutic stories and how they support children/young people with a wide range of life challenges.
- Learn ways in which we can bring therapeutic stories to life using role play, sand and art.
- Practice your own therapeutic story based on a child/young person you know.
£50.00 per delegate
To book a place please download the form below by clicking on it, complete the form and send it to email@example.com
This training is in high demand and places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.